I have been under the weather recently, so here are just a few thoughts for you this week. These are seven principles for contentment that I try to live by:
- Make PEACE with your PAST so it does not negatively affect your future. WE do not move forward by keeping our eyes in the rear view mirror, right?
- What other people think of you does NOT concern you nor does it deserve your attention. The thoughts that do deserve our attention are the ones we have of ourselves; especially the POSITIVE ones.
- YOU are the only one in CHARGE of your JOY. Isn’t it great that we get to choose how we feel?
- Avoid comparing your life to the lives of others; comparison robs us of our bliss. Focus more on your own journey. Each of us have our own paths to forge.
- Time remedies most circumstances. Let be generously self-compassionate and allow the time we need to heal our hearts.
- STOP over-thinking it. It is alright not to know all the answers; and, it is more than okay to ask questions.
- Smile and relax more. You do NOT own all the troubles of the world. Not your monkey. Not your circus.
May these principles bring you the contentment that it has for me when I live by them.
All rights reserved. ©2018 by A. K. Orobko