Today is my birthday (Sept 19), and, so many loved ones have already showered me with joyful birthday wishes over the weekend for which I am deeply grateful! This abundance of joy reminds me that our lives are worth celebrating every day. Let us choose this moment to celebrate life and living.
I have found that this time of year is one of the best times to reflect upon past experiences in my life that has made me who I am today. I embrace the wisdom that I have gained through my years; but, it would have been nice to have the confidence and knowledge I have now, back when I was struggling with issues.
This brings up a few fabulous questions to consider: What would we tell our younger selves, if we could go back in time? Would we be ready to hear or understand it? What do you think our future selves would want us to know now? Here are 15 insights I have gained from my life experiences that I would like to share with you:
- Celebrate life every day and appreciate every moment you are given.
- There is a difference between IMPORTANT and URGENT; furthermore, not everything that is deemed to be urgent is important.
- Only value what you think of yourself and not what others think of you. Remember, you are wonderful just as you are.
- Happiness is a choice. We can choose joy, fun, love, etc.
- We get to choose whether or not to be positive or negative!
- Misery is also a choice, while a situation may be dismal, we can choose to learn from it, rather than linger in the negativity.
- Acts of love and kindness deliver much more than one might expect. Our hearts have a tendency to expand with each action.
- In most instances, there is no right or wrong, only different perspectives.
- Clarity and perspective comes with time and space. When we give ourselves time and space to process, we are able to let go of any lingering negativity and open our hearts to love and joy.
- There is a reason for everything…every challenge and every wave of contrast gives us exactly what we need to grow and evolve into better people.
- We are always exactly where we need to be, even when it doesn’t feel like it.
- Listen to your inner voice…that whisper that comes when we sit quietly in solitude. This inner voice is more distinct and vocal when we are outdoors in nature.
- The more gratitude we express, the more appreciated we will feel.
- Life truly is an adventure, a never-ending, journey. We only need to show up to participate.
- When we truly want something, passionately and with clarity, we WILL get it by wholeheartedly believing that it is already on its way (like pizza delivery or an Amazon order).
What have you learned thus far in your life’s journey? Please share in the comments. The best knowledge and understanding comes by learning from others.
P.S. Today’s image is designed to be a coloring sheet; feel free to download, print, and color it as a reminder to celebrate every day.
All rights reserved. ©2016 by A. K. Orobko