Tuesday, May 10 was Dr. Wayne Dyer’s birthday. To celebrate his life, I have gathered 25 essential Wayne Dyer quotes that have influenced me since I have become acquainted with and an admirer of his writing and philosophies:
- Change the way you look at things and the things you look at change.
- Each place along the way is somewhere you had to be in order to be here.
- How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.
- Three things clog your soul: negativity, judgment, and imbalance.
- When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself.
- Go for it now. The future is promised to no one.
- You cannot be lonely if you like the person you’re alone with.
- When you have the choice between being right and being kind just choose kind.
- Judgements prevent us from seeing the good that lies beyond appearances.
- Practice being the kind of person you wish to attract.
- Maxim for life: You get treated in life the way you teach people to treat you.
- Anything you really want, you can attain, if you really go after it.
- You have everything you need for complete peace and total happiness right now.
- Circumstances do not make a man, they reveal him.
- You are not stuck where you are unless you decide to be.
- Everything you’re against can be restated in a way that puts you in support of something. Instead of being against war, be for peace…
- You cannot always control what goes on outside. But you can always control what goes on inside.
- If you believe it will work out, you’ll see opportunities. If you believe it won’t you will see obstacles.
- Doing what you love is the cornerstone of having abundance in your life.
- What comes out when life squeezes you? When someone hurts or offends you? If anger, pain and fear come out of you, it’s because that’s what’s inside.
- Self-worth comes from one thing – thinking that you are worthy.
- Our lives are a sum total of the choices we have made.
- Begin to see yourself as a soul with a body rather than a body with a soul.
- Don’t die with your music still in you.
- The last suit that you wear, you don’t need any pockets.
Thank you Dr. Dyer for your wisdom and your presence during my lifetime. Your legacy will live on in my heart. Incidentally, two very special men in my life have birthdays in May… my husband, Rick and my father Herbert. Both of whom are living examples of positive thinking, taking responsibility for their lives, persevering, and choosing to live in the present with love, joy, and gratitude.
All rights reserved. ©2016 by A. K. Orobko